There are numerous advantages to the naturist, or nudist, lifestyle, including the pleasure of feeling the sun all over your body, no tan lines, and the healthy self-confidence that naturism reflects. Many of us find it too embarrassing to be naked even in front of loved ones, let alone strike up a conversation with a fellow vacationer at a nudist resort. Conversely, many of us are quite comfortable being nude yet don’t know how or where to practice naturism. The following guide will increase your comfort with naturism, and help you find ways and places to practice it.
- Naturism is often easier and more fun when practiced with a friend or partner.
- Be sure to wear ample amounts of sunblock when outdoors.
- If you are a girl and on your menstrual cycle, take precautions before sleeping naked.
- In many places, public nudity (nudity in a non-designated naturist area) is legal; for example, in Britain public nudity is legal. But this is not so everywhere: in the United States, nudity laws vary, but many localities are adopting a more open attitude to simple public nudity and legalizing it, so long as there is no intent to alarm or arouse. Contact a local naturist organization to find out what is allowed in public.
- Cooking naked is not recommended, as it is much easier to get burned. Likewise, it can be difficult to treat burns to the genital and posterior regions.